Thursday, May 28, 2009

THE LAST HANDSHAKE...

Last Wednesday 27th May 2009 me and my cousin went to the Highland Tower in Hulu Kelang. It's like it has only been a few months back when i last visit my friend and the family there in tower 1 which it was still standing 16 years ago. It was somewhere in late november 1993 and it was holiday season. The parents came and pick me up at my previous house in Jalan Gurney and brought me to their place in Highland Tower... It was such a beautiful memory back then... me and my friend find it hard to sleep because we were too excited since that was the first time i hang out in his place. There were so many toys to play, so many games to try and so many things to talk about. We did not want to waste our time since we only got 2 days to hang out together before i have to go back to my place. We went for swimming, jungle tracking... we didn't actually go to the jungle... But imagining as if we were in one... it was fun and exiting... 2 days of hang out time has expired... i was not ready and it was such a hard moment for me to go home... since we still have so many games to play... But, owh well... "Perhaps we just keep it for next visit then?" i told my friend... both of us shooked our hands before i'm off to my shelter. Apparently that was the last handshake that both of us will ever have... 2 weeks after my visit which was on the 11th december 1993... around lunch time. suddenly there was an emergency news broadcast saying that tower 1 of Highland Tower has collapsed. I was speechless... Not even a single word could come out from my mouth... Suddenly a flashback of me and my friend plays in my head. I was too sad, too sad that i couldn't even cry... "how am i suppose to keep my promises? we promised to play more games at next visit... I just bought a new board game for us to play on my next visit"... my own voice talking inside my head... it was really hard for me to accept the fact. I know that i will never ever see my friend again. But as the years goes by... I learn the fact that there's no point for me to keep on feeling sad and i learn myself to let it go and have to move on. I could still remember the tone of his voice calling for me up till today. And everytime i visit this place... i just wish that tower 1 is still standing... I could still see myself and my friend playing jungle tracking there in Highland Towers till today... ;) Al-Fatihah...



1 comment:

  1. owww. i do still remember this tragedy though i was just a lil girl that time. it must be really hard for u to let go. too bad. al-fatihah :(

    ReplyDelete